Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Greetings from Yukon

Wednesday greetings to all.

My sincere apologies for not having posted this week. I have been presenting a parish mission here at Saint John Nepomuk Parish in Yukon, Oklahoma.

It has been a wonderful five days, focused on "Reclaiming the Power and Potential of the Sacramental Life." I must say that it has been a long time since I have experienced such a sense of reverence at the liturgy as I have here at Saint John's. The pastor chants the prayers of the Mass more beautifully than any priest I have heard. The engagement of the people at Mass, in the prayer, song, and ritual, is exemplary. This has been more of a retreat for me than a mission and I have felt re-charged by the Lord as he has used me as an instrument of evangelization.

I have been having some technical difficulties with my computer while here, hence I have not been able to share photos, but will do when I return to Chicago tomorrow.

I hope you have had a great week thus far.

Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, pray for us.
Saint Marianne Cope, pray for us.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: