Friday, October 5, 2012

Vatican Council II: Approaching the 50th Anniversary

Friday greetings to all.

We are six days away from October 11, 2012, the Fiftieth Anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council.



On the wall, just to the left of my computer screen here at the office, is an icon of Blessed Pope John XXIII. This "child of Vatican II," I obviously have no living memory of this great man, one of my heroes. I have been doing some digging recently and have discovered some videos on Youtube, which I will be sharing as these next days unfold.

When the prisoners erupt in applause during this video, it took my breath away. I hope you are as moved as I was, especially if you have never seen this.



I hope your weekend is a good one; it's a three-day holiday weekend for us here at World Library Publications and the J.S. Paluch Company.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: