Friday, October 12, 2012

To Dallas and Long Island

Greetings on this beautiful autumn Friday.

In a few hours I will be leaving for Dallas, Texas.



I am presenting a day on "Breaking Open the Word" on Saturday. I am looking forward to sharing a new idea with the 100+ who have registered for the day. I am focusing on a new topic for me: "Apprenticed to the Living Word." I hope it goes well. The day will include the celebration of a liturgy of the word, followed by an actual "breaking open" session; I will be employing an adaptation of the "African Model."

I return to Chicago early Sunday morning. Monday morning, I leave for New York's LaGuardia Airport, then head out onto Long Island for two WLP choral reading sessions for the musicians of the Diocese of Rockville Centre. I have spoken there before and they are a great group of spirited church musicians.



I hope that wherever you are, you have safe and enjoyable weekend.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: