Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Translation Tuesday: Oops!

"New Translation Tuesday" greetings from Chicago, where the air is clear and crisp. The Autumn colors are just beautiful here.

Well, it happened to me this past Sunday. I guess I must have been on "auto-pilot." After the "Behold the Lamb of God . . . ," there I stood, in full voice, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you . . ."

It was a little embarrassing, especially after all this time. It was interesting because just a few minutes earlier, the celebrant was also on "auto-pilot" for the embolism following the Lord's Prayer. He caught himself in the middle of saying the old translation, stopped, thumbed through the Missal, then began the prayer again, this time with the new translation. I guess it will still take some time for this new translation to become a part of our "Catholic DNA."



As we approach the canonization of Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha, I want to remind you all again about WLP's beautiful resources to commemorate this important moment in U.S. Catholic history. Brother Mickey McGrath has painted an inspiring image of Kateri, a person very close to his own heart. We have prayer cards available for your parishioners (in packs of 25), personal note cards, and a poster for the Catholic classroom, the parish office, religious education centers, rectories, and the Catholic home. I just love Mickey's portrayal.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My mom made the exact same "oops" this past Sunday, and then looked at me guiltily, as if I was going to write her a citation. :)