Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Translation Tuesday: A Bit Disjointed

"New Translation Tuesday" greetings to all. I have been away for a few days, but "back in the saddle" once again.

Over the weekend, I went to Mass at a parish in suburban Detroit, Michigan. The pastor painstakingly pronounced the newly translated prayers. He had an unusual cadence to his speaking, so it sounded somewhat "sing-songy," for a lack of a better description. He paid very close attention to his pronunciation of the new texts, but when it came time for the conclusion of his proclamation of the Gospel, he ended it with "My friends, this is the Gospel of the Lord."

So it seemed a little disjointed to me.

His homily was brilliant. There were many teenagers among the families in attendance and I could tell he really had their attention as he told the story of Saint Lawence the Martyr. He certainly had my attention as I was reminded once again about Lawrence's presentation of the true gifts of the Church to the Roman emperor. If you haven't read the story in a while, search on line and be inspired!



Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: