Friday, July 13, 2012

One of Those Days

Friday greetings from Chicago where it is pouring rain right now, something we haven't seen here for most of the past month or so.

Today is just "one of those days" for me. When I find myself moving through difficult days and difficult times, I try to remember that I am a Catholic who received the sacrament of Confirmation. Sometimes I refer to this sacrament as a sacrament that keeps on giving.



I know that I was given these gifts on the day I was confirmed: Wisdom, Understanding, Right Judgment, Courage, Knowledge, Reverence, and Wonder and Awe in God's Presence. Sometimes I forget that these are at my disposal. But when I do remember, I find myself strengthened for my work, for my prayer, and for my relationships. Today is one of those days that I need to remember that this treasury is in my heart.

I hope you have a good weekend. And remember, pay attention to the collect at Sunday Mass this weekend.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: