Monday, June 4, 2012

The Little Things

Monday greetings. It is a delightfully sunny day here in Chicago, praise God.

On many mornings, I meet several of my colleagues in a suburb just over the Chicago city limits, Oak Park. I carpool with them to our offices here out near O'Hare Airport. Usually one day a week I drive in from the city and pick them up and take them to work.

In order for me to catch the train to Oak Park, I have to take a bus to that train. That is, until today! This morning, for the first time, I was able to get the train at the brand new Chicago Transit Authority's Morgan station in my own neighborhood. No more buses, just a short walk. Here's a photo I snapped this morning while on the platform for the very first time.


It's the little things in life, I guess. I was like a little kid this morning as I explored the station for the first time. It's been under construction for over two years. So, thank God for a new train station in the West Loop of Chicago!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: