Friday, June 15, 2012

Funeral Music: We Will Rest in You

Friday greetings from sunny and very warm Chicago.

I am sitting here at my desk listening to WLP's new recording, We Will Rest in You: The Funeral Collection.



This is a compendium containing some new music, but primarily music from WLP's vast treasury, music for the funeral rites. There are three components: the CD, the Keyboard/Vocal edition, and the C-Instrument edition.




Some of the music has appeared in our worship resources for decades; it is well worth discovering or re-discovering.

I am just now listening to Fr. Jim Marchionda's very lovely piece, May the Angels Lead You. 

Musicians, this is a must for your shelf. As the recording continues here in my office, I am thinking that this would be an appropriate CD for anyone in the grieving process.

I hope your weekend is one of delight and refreshment.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: