Thursday, May 10, 2012

Island of Rab; "What New Translation?"

I am about as far away from thinking about "New Translation Thursday" as can be imagined. I am sitting on the patio of a very modest apartment I am renting on the Island of Rab, off of the Croatian mainland. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the gentle breeze is blowing; not bad for about forty-five dollars per night!

Let me just take this post to share some more photos with you. These are from Rab City, on the southern end of the Island.


Views from inside the tower:




And one "artsy" shot:


A carved statue in one of the Church's here; Saint Christopher, from the Middle Ages:



Actually, this is Saint Anthony, abbot; sorry about that!

And finally, another few shots taken in Rab City.





Thanks so much for joining me on this amazing journey.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sound so great especially the part about the new translation. even better Fox News probably is not available there to disturb the peace of the place.

catholic traveller said...

I love these posts. Feel like I'm there;)