Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Meetings, Meetings, and Preparing for Travel

Happy Wednesday to all. Today is "one of those days" here at the home office. I am involved in a week-long series of meetings that I am finding very energizing and exhausting all at the same time. But it is indeed very good to be here in Chicago for such a long stretch.

A week from this coming Friday, I will be leaving for a few weeks of partial vacation/partial ministry. I will be spending a week in Croatia for vacation and my plan is to blog while there. One of my chief aims is to visit some ancient and not-so-ancient Christian sites (and baptism fonts) while traveling to places with names like Split, Porec, and Rab. I am really looking forward to this little pilgrimage to what many tell me is one of the most beautiful places on our planet. Looking forward to sharing photos of the journey as it unfolds.

From Croatia, I will travel via a few days on Lake Konstanz in central Europe to Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the Bavarian Alps in Germany,




where I will be leading the music for a five-day retreat for Roman Catholic Army Chaplains. Again, my aim is to continue the blog from there. So I hope that my musings while away will help open the Catholic world to you as well.

Well, time to get back to the meeting!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: