Monday, April 23, 2012

First Communions

Monday greetings from cool but very sunny Chicago.

If you haven't had the chance to read Friday's post, please do so and add your comments. Yesterday, I shared the blog with the religious sister who ministers in my parish. She was just feeling so disappointed with the week's news, and seemed so close to despair. Tears welled up in her eyes when she read the post and some of your comments as well. Please take the time.

I know that many of us are in high gear for parish First Communions right now. I wanted to share a great collection of ostinatos by WLP's very own Alan Hommerding. Behold the Lamb of God: Seven Eucharistic Ostinatos will provide your choir with some "instant" music for First Communion or really for any Mass. Alan has done a fine job with this very helpful resource. Take a listen.

I searched the web for a First Communion photo and came across this one. Please don't be offended. I chuckled and thought about the day of my own First Communion, February 5, 1965; and I remember pushing my sister into a snow pile that day!



I hope that the coming week is a good one for you. Smile!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: