Monday, March 12, 2012

Chicago-Denver-El Paso

Monday greetings.

I am currently at Denver International Airport, awaiting a flight to El Paso, Texas. The sun just rose and it is a clear day here in Denver.




I will be facilitating a WLP choral reading session tonight in the diocese of El Paso and a clergy day focused on the RCIA tomorrow.

It has been quite a busy time in the last week. The Mid-Atlantic Congress in Baltimore was a different kind of convention for me. Because I was co-chair of the prayer and worship committee, I went to most of the major keynote presentations. And I found myself deeply moved by them. When one "does" as many of these conferences as I do during the year, one can tend to plug into the conference only when giving a worskhop or helping at the sales table in the exhibit hall. While I still needed to do those things in Baltimore, I also needed to be a part of the larger conference. Tucson's Bishop Jerry Kicanas, Thursday night's keynoter, was inspiring. He has an engaging speaking style and drew me into his talk on hope. The final keynote on Saturday morning, given by a Dominican religious woman, whose name escapes me right now, was also quite inspiring. She focused on the Second Vatican Council, urging us to continue to tell the story of the Council and to realize that the Council is still unfolding even fifty years later.

It was great to be a part of this first annual conference and WLP was proud to be a platinum sponsor for the Congress.

I am not sure about Wifi access over the next few days, but I will do the best I can to post.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: