Monday, February 20, 2012

Nativity Parish: The Mission Begins

Monday greetings to all, and happy Presidents' Day.

The parish mission began last night here at Nativity Parish in Longwood, Florida. Nice crowd and they were quite engaged in our conversations about "reclaiming the power of baptism." We ended the evening with a ritual at the baptism font, which can be quite moving for people.



Tonight, because the parish confirmation candidates (teens) will be present, I decided to re-tool the mission and focus on this sacrament tonight (which I usually do the final night). Should be fine and I am hoping that my words will help these teenagers.

The weather here is absolutely beautiful. Sat out on the patio this morning to read the paper and do the crossword. My eight years spent living here in central Florida were some of the best of my life. And being here in February makes me remember how much I loved the weather.

Please pray for the good people of Nativity Parish.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Bevans-Kerr said...

Best to you and all the faithful of Nativity Parish and community