Friday, January 20, 2012

Retreat Concludes

Friday greetings from sunny San Diego.

The U.S. Army Chaplains retreat concludes this morning. It has been a wonderful week of prayer and song with these men.

I am supposedly headed home to Chicago this afternoon, where there is a winter storm warning; lots of snow expected there. Fully expecting a flight cancellation; we shall see. On Sunday morning I head to Long Island where I am leading a retreat for the NPM membership there. Hopefully I get back to Chicago in time to fly to La Guardia on Sunday morning.

This morning's Mass marked the first time that I did not use a worship aid for Mass. Of course, there was no Creed and we did not pray the confiteor. A bit at a time, I guess.

Well that's about it for now. Please pray for the safety of all travelers.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

PatGLex said...

During the past 7 days, where I participated in two funeral masses and a Sunday service, I discovered that the "And with your spirit" is finally coming naturally. At least when I'm thinking ahead. I still need a "cheat sheet" for the Creed, though.