Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Translation Tuesday: Lots of Upcoming Travel

"New Translation Tuesday" has come around again.



On a personal note, I did finally see an orthopedic doctor yesterday. After having my foot re-x-rayed, he told me he had good news and bad news. The good news was that I didn't fracture my ankle after all; the doctors at the Emergency Room on January 2 did not x-ray the foot, just the ankle, and what this doctor saw was an old injury from many years ago. Whew! But the bad news came when I took a look at the foot x-ray. A clean crack of the fifth metatarsal; so a broken foot. So now I am in one of those ski-boot looking contraptions and using a cane. But at least I now have the correct diagnosis and 6-9 weeks of recovery.

Well, there is not much new on the new translation front. I think we are all gradually getting used to the changes. I don't know when I will be able to go to Mass without the worship aid in my hand. It's going to be interesting next week when I am helping lead a retreat of U.S. Catholic Army Chaplains in San Diego. I better take a cheat sheet with me when I go.

I am traveling, broken foot and all, quite extensively over the next few weeks. I am presenting the keynote at the Hofinger Catechetical Conference on Friday in New Orleans. Then after a few days back here in Chicago, I leave for San Diego. Then a day back here, then it's off to Long Island for an NPM members retreat, back here for a day, then off to Dallas for the 50th anniversary of the Southwest Liturgical Conference.

I will keep you updated all the way along.

We are heavily into royalty payment season here at WLP; lots of intense work.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray. (Gotta pay royalties!)

2 comments:

Brent McWilliams said...

Jerry,

Do you want a motorscooter or wheelchair while in Dallas? Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the distance between the exhibit booth and the meeting room when one is in a orthopedic boot. Get to feeling better

Jerry Galipeau, D. Min. said...

Brent, you are so kind, but I think I will be OK; as long as I can plant myself for long periods of time.
Jerry