Friday, December 9, 2011

A Light Dusting

Friday greetings. Chicago got its first trace of snow overnight; just a very light dusting. It is very, very unusual that we have not had a measurable snowfall this late. However, I am not complaining.



I wanted to say a special word of thanks to many of you who ordered WLP's Daily Mass Intercessions, by Bryan Cones, which I mentioned in Wednesday's post. I think this is a wonderful and helpful pastoral book.

I will be flying to Los Angeles early Sunday morning to meet with some of our artists and composers in southern California and I am looking forward to attending Mass at one of the parishes in the L.A. area. That is one of the benefits of travel; seeing and hearing the way Catholics pray and sing in other areas of the country.

I hope that your weekend celebration of the Eucharist brings you joy and the promised peace of thsi Advent season.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: