Friday, November 11, 2011

On the Road Again . . .

My apologies for missing my posts these past few days.

I arrived back in Chicago early yesterday morning and the day just ran away; filled with meetings.

Then it was time to empty the suitcase, wash and dry the contents, and re-pack for the next trip.

I am currently in the Diocese of Metuchen, New Jersey. I just flew into Newark Airport from Chicago and just settled in at the Crowne Plaza in Somerset, NJ, pictured here.




When I went to place my room key into my wallet, I noticed that the room key from my hotel in Lynchburg, Virginia was still there. I think I need some extended time at home! Tomorrow I am presenting two workshops at the annual Metuchen Diocesan Faith Formation Convocation, "Apprentices to Christ/Aprendices de Cristo." My workshops are entitled "The Power and Potential of Liturgical Catechesis" and "The Roman Missal, Third Edition: Opportunities and Challenges for Full, Conscious, and Active Participation." I gave the keynote address at this convocation last year and enjoyed the dedicated Catholics here and their engagement with their faith.

On Sunday I leave New Jersey and head to Baltimore, where the U.S. bishops are meeting next week. The owners of the J.S. Paluch Company (WLP's parent company) and I will be attending a reception with the bishops on Sunday night. Publishers of the Roman Missal have been invited to this reception to mark the reception of the new translation of the Missal. Hopefully I will have lots to share.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: