Friday, November 18, 2011

Indianapolis, Indeed

Friday morning greetings from Indianapolis. Here to speak at the NCYC. There are about 21,000 Catholic youth here from all over the country. It is an amazing gathering.



We are housed (along with thousands of teens) at the J.W. Marriott, a new hotel here in Indianapolis, pictured here:


Many of WLP's contemporary artists are here to minister to those gathered. They include John Angotti, Ed Bolduc, Danielle Rose, the Jacob and Matthew Band, Noelle Garcia, Jorge Rivera, and Aaron Thomspon. After arriving yesterday, I attended Mass with some of our WLP artists serving as music ministers. I have to admit that I love listening to these talented musicians. It was a proud moment.

I will have more to share as these days unfold. Just getting geared up today.

I hope your weekend is a good one.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

Charles Culbreth said...

Jerry,
If you run into Ed Bolduc, tell him this old (42 years of DoM'ing) conservative is thoroughly enjoying using Mass of St. Ann within our four parish merged church. It was assented to by my music ministry leadership during workshops in the summer and is working equally well with ensemble based accompaniment, and organ.
Charles

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why people immediately go directly to contemporary music when it comes to children and young adults. Ever since I can remember, I liked the flow, the elegance, and the majesty of the organ. I think it is a bad assumption that the younger generation automatically likes the newest styles of music.