Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Indianapolis Bound

Wednesday greetings.

I am gearing up for my final Roman Missal related trip of the year. Tomorrow I travel to Indianapolis for the National Catholic Youth Conference. On Friday, WLP's composer and artist John Angotti and I will be presenting a session on the implementation of the new translation of the Roman Missal to those in the adult track, mostly youth ministers. Our focus is on how to talk with teens about the new translation. Then on Saturday, I will be speaking to a group of college-aged Catholics about the translation.

This will mark the end of a five-year journey for me, which began with a presentation at a regional convention of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) in August of 2006. That was the first presentation I led on the then upcoming translation and how musicians and parish ministers in general were feeling about change in general. Since then, especially in the last two years, I have spoken with thousands of people throughout the United States directly, and thousands of others around the world through this blog. It has been quite a journey, which comes to a conclusion over the next few days in Indianapolis.

Please pray for the tens of thousands of teenagers, young adults, youth ministers, speakers, bishops, priests, deacons, and chaperones who will be in Indianapolis over the next several days.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

Steve Raml said...

Hi Jerry --
Just got home from my own final presentation on the new translation, speaking tonight to our Junior High youth group.

Feeling a bit melancholy tonight, knowing that this phase is coming to a close. Like you, I've done lots of presentations for the past couple years (you beat me with five!) and now I can only hope people are at least not surprised that change is coming.

My parish is planning on inviting people into our hall after masses on Dec 3 & 4 to talk about their feelings after two weeks of experiencing the changes. We are planning a mystagogical approach (with cookies & donuts!) to ask what they noticed, what they missed, what they felt.

May God bless us as we move into the next phase of implementation.
Steve

Jerry Galipeau, D. Min. said...

Thanks, Steve. You might want to think about having another mystagogy session in the Spring, after people have had more of an experience.
Thanks for following the blog.
Jerry