Sunday, November 6, 2011

Greetings from Lynchburg, Virginia

Sunday greetings from Lynchburg, Virginia, a beautiful area of our country.

I am here for several days, leading a parish mission entitled: "Washed, Anointed, and Fed: Now That We Belong to Christ." We will be spending time focusing on what it means in our lives that we have been baptized, confirmed, and receive the Eucharist each week.  Here are a few photos of this beautiful church.





Folks, I think I need this parish mission more than anyone here. After a whirlwind year, it's time for me to take some time to listen to the Lord, to re-focus my own spiritual life, to figure out new ways to respond to the call issued on the day of my own Baptism, to put to good use the gifts I received on the day I was confirmed, and to be renewed in my own love for the Eucharistic Lord.

Please pray for the good people of St. Thomas More as this mission unfolds. I plan to post regularly in the next few days.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: