Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessing Missals

My pastor blessed our new missals yesterday after the accouncements at the end of Mass.

I wrote a blessing this morning, in case anyone needs one for this weekend. Here you go:

O God of infinite love,
send your abundant blessing upon this (these) Roman Missal(s).
As your people begin to pray the Mass in a new English translation,
inspire us to be more attentive to the words that shape our faith.
Give us patience, wisdom, and understanding,
we pray,
that we may grow closer to your Son, Jesus Christ,
who is Lord forever and ever. Amen.

Hope you find this helpful.
 
I am leaving tomorrow to spend time with my family in Massachusetts for the Thanksgiving holiday. Not sure how much internet access I will have, but I will try to post on the blog.
 
I hope that you enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving.
 
Jerry
 
Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: