Monday, October 24, 2011

A Grateful Heart for Hospitality and Kindness at St. Anthony in Fairfield, Connecticut

Monday morning greetings. Flew into Chicago from LaGuardia very early this morning.

Last night, at Saint Anthony of Padua parish in Fairfield, Connecticut, my friend Denise La Giglia and I presented a piano and flute concert; actually it was more like a musical retreat. Here's a photo I took:


The staff and people of the parish exhibited such kindness and hospitality to us. The pastor is a seminary classmate of mine, whom I hadn't seen since 1983 (and neither of us has changed a bit!)

We attended two Masses and the singing was quite strong. The homily was one of the best I've heardin years; it was a pleasure to hear it twice. That area of Connecticut is just beautiful. New England in the Autumn just can't be beat.

I gave a presentation on the new translation on Saturday morning and I am looking forward to sharing some of that experience with you tomorrow.

For now, just know that my heart is filled with gratitude to the people of Saint Anthony's.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: