Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday in New England

Monday greetings to all.

Back here at WLP after several days on the road. I will talk more about my experience in Birmingham, Alabama on tomorrow's post.

On Saturday, after my great time in Birmingham, I flew to Boston to spend time with my family (albeit too short a stay!) Yesterday, my family gathered at Saint Robert Bellarmine parish in Andover, Massachusetts. It was the parish's patronal feast day weekend. They celebrated yesterday with a lobster and clam bake on the parish grounds. The Mass was lovely and the preaching by the pastor (and a long-time friend) Fr. Rick Conway, was superb.

Here are a few photos. Folks, this is so New England!


The clam chowder was absolutely delicious and the bowl said it all!



Since my mom is an avid reader of Gotta Sing Gotta Pray (Actually, I think she is the most well-versed lay Roman Catholic in the country when it comes to the new translation!), I thought I would include a photo of my parents, taken at yesterday's feast at Saint Robert Bellarmine.


These are the two people who had me baptized; the greatest gift anyone could ever receive. They instilled in me a strong work ethic and a love for my Catholic faith, even in the most challenging times. And, best of all, they taught me to love New England clams! With the bellies!



Thanks Ma and Dad.

More tomorrow.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

3 comments:

KSK said...

SAY IT! CHOWDAH!

FJH 3rd said...

Jerry, are you sure those aren't your siblings?! They look too young to be your parents! Sounds like a nice visit home!

Rick Conway said...

Thanks, Jerry. it was great having you here this weekend.
Rick