Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Long Ride

It's late on Sunday evening here in Chicago. I have a very busy day tomorrow, so I thought I would offer a very brief post tonight.

I have been watching unfolding events in Libya tonight. Information and mis-information abounds. I will end my day praying for the best for my brothers and sisters there.

Today was a tough and exhilarating day for this blogger. Those who follow my life through this blog know that I am a regular "spinner" at the gym in the mornings; 45 minutes spent most days at around 6:00 A.M. on a bike in an enclosed space with a group of much younger people, spinning our legs around and around. I take this time to pray, to focus, and to pray the rosary.

Today, I did the "Wright Ride," the Frank Lloyd Wright ride through the Chicago suburbs, riding past many of his great architectural achievements. Well, 51.6 miles later, after an hour in the hot tub, feeling OK, wondering how the knees and legs will feel in the morning, but very, very grateful for the opportunity and the physical ability to have accomplished this. Here's the photo at the finish:



So, folks, let's hope this is a week that opens the world to perhaps a renewed commitment to peace, here, in Libya, and throughout the world.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: