Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chants from the Order of Mass and We Celebrate Hymnal

Wednesday greetings to all.

Two WLP items of note for today's blog post.

First, I now have in my hand a printed copy of Charles Thatcher's Chants from the Order of Mass.


Here's a peek inside.


Sorry it is so blurry. You can find this on WLP's web site where you'll be able to view sample pages and listen to a simple recording of the chants.

Second, I am in middle of helping our editorial department with final proofs of our We Celebrate Hymnal accompaniment. If you are looking for a fine semi-permanent hymnal for this coming Advent (with or without a missal program), I think you will love We Celebrate. Here's what the new hymnal looks like:





It is filled with wonderful titles, old and new. Many of Christoph Tietze's Introit Hymns are included, as well as Charles Thatcher's Communion Chants. The very best of WLP's wide range of repertoire is represented. You will also find what are emerging to be the most-preferred revised and newly composed musical settings for the Mass, including Steven Warner's and Karen Schneider-Kirner's Mass for Our Lady.




We at WLP are so pleased to be able to make these resources available for the singing, praying, and initiating Church.  If you would like a sample of the new We Celebrate Hymnal, feel free to contact us at 800 566-6150 or wlpcs@jspaluch.com.

And, just to let you know that my life is not necessarily all work, all travel, or all Roman Missal, this was the view I had of last night's Chicago White Sox game (won the tickets in a charity raffle).


Gotta sing. Gotta play . . . oops . . . pray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you stay for the whole game Jerry? I wish my Indians could have pulled it out.

I can't wait to see the new We Celebrate hymnal and accompaniment!

Jerry Galipeau, D. Min. said...

No, I didn't stay; sorry for your Indians. What a beautiful night for a game.
Jerry

Chironomo said...

Jerry;

I was surprised to see that there are now accompaniments for the Missal Chants posted for free at the ICEL website. Were you aware that these would be coming?

Jerry Galipeau, D. Min. said...

Hey Chironomo,
I wasn't aware that they would be making the chant accompaniments available on that site. I have searched the site and cannot find them. A link perhaps?
Thanks,
Jerry