Friday, July 1, 2011

Hail, Flowers, and Awards

Friday greetings to all. Sorry to have missed my regular "New Translation Thursday" post yesterday. I was overwhelmed (obviously) last night by the terrifying weather here in Chicago. Here are a few photos I took during the hailstorm (they were the size of quarters).






The sound was deafening. Quite a night.

And then came the morning.


Here's a peek into some of what I love to do when not at my desk here at WLP, or on the road, or thinking about the Roman Missal. Living in the city, there is no yard or garden space, so I need to do what I can to cultivate some beauty. Here are my flowerboxes and herbs.


As I have been reporting, in the past several weeks, WLP won some major awards, first four Paul Revere Awards from the Music Publishers Association, then five awards from the Catholic Press Association. Here's where you can find the list of winners. So proud of the work of the WLP family.

I hope you have a very peaceful holiday weekend. I am planning on spending some relaxing time among the flowers.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Robert Noble said...

What's really terrifying is when you're out for a sunny evening walk, and the sky starts dropping golfball-size and larger hailstones. (Yes, this happened to us a couple of weeks ago!) You want terrifying, come to Oklahoma! Glad everyone's ok, though. And congrats to WLP on the awards.