Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nothing To Do with Liturgy, Music, Initiation, New Translation

This rare Saturday post has nothing to do with liturgy, initiation, music, or the new translation. As many of you know, I am a Boston native. Well, this morning, while noodling around on the internet, I looked at fares to Boston for Thanksgiving, hoping to find a good fare so that I could spend some time with my family. I checked United Airlines from Chicago to Boston (departing Tuesday and coming back to Chicago on Saturday of Thanksgiving week), hoping to avoid the airport crowds.



The screen said $104.00 roundtrip plus taxes and fees. I figured it was a mistake on United's part. So, I continued through the booking process, fully expecting a "the fares have changed" screen, but lo and behold, I got the fare. Called my parents and told them I would be "home" for Thanksgiving. The total roundtrip airfare came to $125.40. You know I am a very frequent traveler. This is unbelievable. Reminds me of the old Peoples Airlines days.

So, anyone out there wanting to go to Boston from Chicago for Thanksgiving, book it now.

Feeling like singing today.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

4 comments:

Geoff said...

There must be something going on because I just booked a round trip, non stop flight from Chicago to Seattle for $140 at the end of August! Unheard of...

FrRoy said...

It's true! It's true!

Fr. Larry Leger said...

Jerry
I am also a freaquent traveller and loved this post!

Fr John Farley 81506 said...

Well Good On You!! and Happy Thanksgiving!