Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Translation Tuesday: Barbecue Today and Off to Grand Rapids Tomorrow

Welcome to this installment of "New Translation Tuesday." Today, the Senior Management Team here at J.S. Paluch and World Library Publications were the "chefs" for our employee barbecue here on the grounds of the home office here in Franklin Park, Illinois. I was on sausage duty. A photo for you:


I know I have said it before, and it bears repeating. I am so proud of the work that the team at WLP/JSP does here each and every day.

I received a request this morning from our music director at my parish, inquiring about posting the refrain from the Mass of Saint Ann in this coming Sunday's bulletin. I am looking forward to seeing what he has to say about the Mass and discovering the context of the placement of the music in our parish bulletin; he has a page in the bulletin every week, where he shares his liturgical, spiritual, and musical musings.

Some of the subscribers to WLP's worship resources have asked about our Mass settings: "What if the Mass setting that our parish wants to use is not one of the ones that the editorial team at WLP chose to put in my worship resource?" We have solved this problem. Any parish that subscribes to a WLP worship resource and that chooses a WLP Mass setting that doesn't appear in the resource simply has to request Assembly Cards for that Mass and we will provide those, free of charge. We will provide the same number as the number of worship resource subscriptions. Anything we can do to assist in the implementation we are committed to do.

I am leaving tomorrow for Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am speaking at their annual NPM members dinner tomorrow night at the cathedral, then presenting a WLP Mass settings reading session Thursday evening at the cathedral as well. Another long road trip. Have I told you lately how much I am looking forward to November 27, 2011 arriving?

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

So ... are you thinking come November 27 the work will be done? Ah, how refreshingly naive. :) I see a year of post-implementation work to match the two to three years of pre-implementation work. What do you think?

Jerry Galipeau, D. Min. said...

Yes, Siobhan, freshingly naive says it all; much work ahead!
Jerry