Friday, February 25, 2011

A Weekend Home

Happy Friday everyone.



This is an especially happy Friday for me. I do not have to go to the airport, rent a car, hop on a train, pack my suitcase, prepare a PowerPoint presentation, don a jacket and tie, check into a hotel, sleep in a strange bed, nor get those jitters I get the moments before making a presentation. This is the first weekend in a very long time when I will simply be home here in Chicago. It feels like I am on the eve of an extended vacation. I know, you are thinking, "Oh, poor Jerry." Faithful readers of this blog know how much energy and passion I have regarding matters musical and liturgical, as well as the ministry of Christian initiation. It just feels good to have a few days to rest and enjoy one of the greatest cities in the world.

Here's a piece of piano and flute improvisation that my musical soul-mate Denise LaGiglia and I recorded for our Window to Peace CD. Just a little gift and a wish for a great weekend for you all.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: