Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Salt Lake City and the Roman Missal

Wednesday greetings to you all from sunny and cold Salt Lake City.

I have had the Weather Channel on non-stop since arriving here on Monday night, following the blizzard that is just now winding down in Chicago. Our offices have been closed since yesterday afternoon. I have spoken with several of our managers who tell me that it is inmpossible for them to drive on their own streets. My prayers for safety are with all who are dealing with this.

Thanks to many of you who posted here and e-mailed me about our editions of the Roman Missal. And thanks to Father Anthony Ruff over at Pray Tell and to Jeffrey Tucker over at Chant Cafe for mentioning our resources, including the Missal.

I am quite excited to be here at the 49th Annual Southwest Liturgical Conference. Father Paul Turner will present a keynote tonight on the Missal. I am sitting here with his re-worked manuscript of Pastoral Companion to the Roman Missal, making the final changes before publication. His final re-work was quite tedious, as he had to revisit everything he had to say about what we all thought was the final version, before the final and many edits were made by the Vatican. His work is thorough and I know that the Church will be well-served bu this fine work.

Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow I will report my impressions of Father Turner's presentation.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: