Monday, January 31, 2011

Off to Salt Lake City

Good Monday to you all.

Today I was interviewed on the Catholic Channel on Sirius Radio; their "Sounds from the Spires" series moderated by Dr. Jennifer Pasqual, the director of music at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. We talked about musical settings of the Mass for an hour and they played seven movements from the various settings published by WLP. The hour flew by and it was great to be able to share our experience here with a larger audience.

I am leaving in a few hours for Salt Lake City to speak at the Southwest Liturgical Conference. My flight was orginally scheduled for tomorrow, but this impending "massive" storm helped me change my mind.

It should be a good week in Salt Lake City. This is the 49th year for this conference, the longest running liturgical conference in the United States, I believe.

So, I will be posting from there beginning tomorrow.

I am still getting used to my new computer. I have moved from a Mac to a PC and it is taking a bit of time to get used to this new environment. Still have to learn how to embed photos on the blog pages!

Please pray for the safety of all travelers.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerry,
Have a great time at SWLC. I "worked" that convention for 13 years in a row, and the people are so hospitable!
The last time it was in Salt Lake City, some of us arrived on time, but most of the speakers were delayed due to a snow storm in the midwest. As I recall, Michael Cymbala, Alan Hommerding, and I met to re-work the schedule for our various showcases, bumping them to a bit later in the week.
Good weather to you all, and have a great gathering!
-bari (at OCP)