Wednesday, January 5, 2011

John Angotti and Friends at Carnegie Hall

Wednesday has dawned with temps in the teens and overcast skies here in Chicago.

Sad news yesterday from our Catholic friends to our immediate north. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy yesterday.

The ripple effects from the clergy sexual abuse crisis continue to be felt. Today, please join me in praying for the people of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, and for healing for all affected by sexual abuse.

There is growing excitement around here over an event scheduled to place next week in New York City. John Angotti, WLP artist and composer will be appearing in concert at Carnegie Hall on Friday, January 14. Several WLP staff members will be in attendance. Other WLP artists, namely Paul Tate and Meredith Augustin, will appear on stage with John as well. Steve Petrunak, an extraordinary guitarist and pastoral musician is appearing as well. I have never been inside Carnegie Hall, and I, for one, am looking forward to this event with great anticipation. If you live in the New York City area, this is one event you do not want to miss!


I hope this Christmas Season continues to be a time of blessing for you.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Fr. Gene Vavrick said...

Jerry, I'm looking forward to this event. I'm bringing a bus from my parish, and hopefully I'll see you at Carnegie Hall.