Monday, January 17, 2011

Congratulations to the Carnegie Hallers!

A good Monday morning to all of you.

This week, I am in San Diego for some work with Army Chaplains and for some rest.



The weekend's trip to New York City for the John Angotti concert was, in a word, amazing. I had never been in Carnegie Hall. It is a stunning performance space (obviously). John had over three hundred people in his choir, some positioned in the front sections of the first balcony. I was seated in the second row, and the positioning of the choirs created a real "surround sound" effect. John and his band, as well as his guest performers really shined throughout the performance. And John's witness to faith and God's presence rounded out the entire evening. There really wasn't a dry eye in the house when each of John's children came on the stage to sing solos in two of the pieces. I will never forget the look on John's face, especially, when his daughter, Dominica, sang. Not being a Dad myself, I know that I will never know that feeling, but the emotion was so evident on John's face.

Congratulations to all who performed on Friday evening. It was a thrill of lifetime!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: