Monday, November 8, 2010

A Little Night Music: On Broadway and at Saint Francis of Assisi

I hope your week has started well.

Mine began on the 6:17 A.M. New Jersey transit train from Penn Station in Manhattan to Newark Airport, then the flight to Chicago. Beautiful day here; not so beautiful in the Northeast, I hear. I hope our friends up there are all safe and sound.

I had a few hours of non-meetings yesterday and was able to get a ticket to A Little Night Music on Broadway; the 3:00 matinee. The show stars Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch. It was a wonderful performance and I felt so blessed to be able to see it.

Then it was off to the 6:15 Mass at St. Francis of Assisi on West 31st Street, with WLP artist Meredith Augustin leading the parish as the director of music. Simply put, I could listen to Meredith sing all day. If you have never had the chance to experience Meredith, please check out her two WLP recordings, Come and Go With Me and Deep River:



And, if you are ever in Manhattan, please visit St. Francis, particularly the 5:00 and 6:15 Sunday evening Masses. I'll leave you with a little bit of Meredith.

Well, lots to do here, folks. I hope your week is a good one. Check back tomorrow.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: