Monday, October 11, 2010

Saint Louis and the New Translation

A good Monday to you all.

My apologies for missing Friday's post. It was a busy travel day for me.

I spent Friday night and Saturday in the Archdiocese of Saint Louis, giving two presentations on the new English translation of The Roman Missal. Saturday's presentation was in the ballroom/lower level of Saint Francis Xavier College Church on the campus of Saint Louis University. I had always wanted to visit this church and got a chance to peek in (there was a wedding occurring) after my presentation. This is one of the locations where the Saint Louis Jesuits began their music ministry.

Here are a few shots of the church, exterior and interior.






The presentations went well. I'll report more on them on tomorrow's "new translation" post.

I will say this for now, though. I am finding that, in general, people have really appreciated the "walk through" of the developments regarding the Roman Missal from the Second Vatican Council to the present. It has proven to be a very good idea to present sections from the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, as well as pertinent sections from Comme le Prevoit and Liturgiam Authenticam. Most people arrive at these sessions with both information and misinformation. During the presentation, they are given solid information, which has proven to be a very good thing. 

With all of this flying around the country, I am feeling a bit under the weather; I'd appreciate a few prayers for good health and strength as the next round of travel begins to loom.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: