Friday, September 24, 2010

Gearing Up for More Adventures

Friday greetings to you all.

The week after vacation is always a long one. Today I am grateful for the opportunity to have traveled to Europe last week. I am also grateful to be back home here in Chicago, at least for a little while. In the next ten weeks, workshops and presentations on the new translation of The Roman Missal, WLP's new and revised musical settings of the Mass, and some sessions on the RCIA will take me to the following locations:
The Diocese of Cleveland
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis
A Meeting with the Midwest Jesuit Province
The Archdiocese of Baltimore
The Diocese of Dallas-Fort Worth
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
The Diocese of Metuchen in New Jersey
The Diocese of San Jose
The Archdiocese of Denver
The Diocese of Mobile
The Diocese of Orlando



I am looking forward to these adventures, mainly because I get to see the Church in action in many locations throughout the United States. Working with musicians, liturgists, clergy, pastoral ministers, and catechists is one part of my life that gives me so much joy and energy. It also gives me insights into the needs that WLP can help address. We are dedicated to serving those pastoral needs. Have I told you how much I enjoy this work in Catholic publishing? I know I have in the past. With renewed energy following my vacation, I am excited about these next few months. I hope you have a pleasant weekend and that your celebration of the Paschal Mystery this Sunday brings you closer to the Lord.

I'll leave you with another photo taken while on vacation in Sicily, from the harbor in Trapani.



Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: