Friday, September 10, 2010

A Friday Treat (or “Chocolate Makes Everything Better”)

Hello, faithful Gotta Sing, Gotta Pray readers. My name is Jennifer Odegard and I am both your guest blogger today and the Director of Marketing here at World Library Publications and the J.S. Paluch Company. I am privileged to lead a team of 5 incredibly talented, creative, intelligent, good-natured, and dedicated people:
All of these fine folks find great joy and satisfaction in spreading the good news about the products and resources this publishing company has developed to serve the singing, praying, and initiating church. We love to hear from our customers, so please feel free to drop any of us an e-mail through our website to let us know what we can do to serve you better.

Oddly enough, I am not going to use any of my word count here to try and sell you anything (so, please keep reading). Instead, I am going to make good on a comment Jerry Galipeau made in a previous entry and share one of my favorite recently discovered recipes with you. It is a recipe that involves chocolate, cheese, and cookies (really, now, how can that be bad?): a chocolate-ricotta ice box cake, courtesy of Martha Stewart.




Because, as you know, we publishing-types are sticklers for copyright issues, I am going to give you a link to the recipe, rather than typing it out here myself, (though I will admit to “borrowing” the picture above):
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chocolate-ricotta-icebox-cake

Having now made this cake twice in the last month, I can assure you that it is not only easy but decadent – and a real crowd pleaser. Plus, you don’t even have to turn on an oven to make it, and you can make it up to 2 days in advance. Even my husband Charlie, who for some bizarre reason dislikes most other kinds of cheesecake, agrees that this is one of his new favorite desserts.

I hope the weekend ahead gives each and every one of you the opportunity to make something sweet, eat something sweet, and enjoy the good things in life (like chocolate) that make it clear that there is a God who loves each and every one of us very, very much. And for that, and for so much more, we’ve gotta sing, gotta pray. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that "New Translation Thursday" needs to be followed by "What's Cookin' Friday" every week! This recipe sounds incredible - I just may have to have a belated birthday celebration for the Blessed Mother this weekend ...

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed the various blogs from the staff at WLP....I think all of you are very talented and "on the ball". Maybe you folks should ask your boss about writing a short book about the 3rd edition of the Roman Missal..how it can be incorporated and assimilated into liturgy from a layman's point of view ..a book for the "little guys" in the pew.

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Anonymous 1 & 2. I guess we'll see what happens when Jerry gets back from his fabulous trip.

- Jennifer

Liam said...

And, if one is a stickler about copyright issues, one knows that the ingredient lists cannot be copyrighted, and that it is perfectly lawful to paraphrase the directions....

Jennifer said...

You are right, Liam! I guess I was also being just a bit lazy, saving myself some keystrokes and paraphrasing, with it being Friday and all. :) - Jennifer

Fr. Gene Vavrick said...

A wonderful post! Thanks for making me smile at the end of a hard day. You guys are great!