Friday, August 20, 2010

The Singing and Praying Church That We All Love

This is my final post for this day. I was just over at Pray Tell and, like Father Anthony, I too am sitting at a desk pondering the happenings of the day and the past few years leading up to today.

I do need to spend time with the changed texts, which I will do in the coming days.

As you know, I am here in Atlanta readying for workshops on the new translation, which will happen tomorrow. We just finished dinner with the wonderful people from the Archdiocesan Office of Worship, and the conversation was lively. These kinds of experiences shape us in ways for which we can never fully prepare.

One of Father Anthony's final lines of his post tonight bears repeating here. Father, I hope you don't mind me quoting you:

"Remember, everyone: we all love the Church, we all love the liturgy, we all want the best for the People of God."

And with that, know of my own fervent prayer this night for this big Church of ours.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. :-)