Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday and a Loss for Words

This is definitely one of those TGIF kind of Fridays.

It is usually on Fridays that we hear from the Bishops Committee on Divine Worship, if there is any news to share about the new translation. But no word yet today, so I guess there is no news to share.

My tenth grade English teacher once looked at one of the more chatty members of the class and delivered this warning: "Debra, God has only given you a set number of words to speak in your lifetime; I have the feeling that you are coming close to exhausting your entire life's supply; now quit the chatter!" You know what, folks? I think it has finally happened. I have wondered if the time would ever come on this blog that I ran out of words. It has been one of those weeks that has my brain very tired and I just don't have the wherewithal (isn't that a great word?) to post a long blog post today. So, forgive me, folks.



My hope for you today is the same I hope I share each Friday. May your weekend celebration of Mass bring you closer to the Lord, who is so good.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

2 comments:

FJH 3rd said...

Jerry, sometimes less is more! Have a blessed weekend! I'm planning on attending Mass in the Extraordinary Form for The Assumption, with hopes that it will really lift my spirits!

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE IT WILL BE. IT IS NOT THE 20TH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME. THE 20TH ORDINARY SUNDAY IS REPLACED WITH THE SOLEMNITY OF THE ASSUMPTION. IT FALLS ON A SUNDAY! THAT IS REASON TO CELEBRATE OUR LADY'S FEAST WITH EVEN MORE ENTHUSIASM AND UNINHIBITED JOY , LIKE EASTER, CHRISTMAS, PENTECOST,ETC.