Monday, July 12, 2010

NPM Convention Today: Steve Warner and Thomas Jefferson

Happy Monday to you all.

Greetings from Detroit, Michigan, the Motor City.

I arrived by train (a relaxing ride) from Chicago on Saturday afternoon. There was a power failure in many parts of downtown Detroit over the last several days, which made pedestrian navigation somewhat of a challenge, but it looks like things are back to normal here this morning.

The members of our marketing team, our director of publications, and I, spent a little over four hours yesterday setting up our booth at the NPM convention. I was so proud of their work and dedication. We have some wonderfully helpful resources for parish musicians. It should be a great week for singing and learning.

I am playing at Steve Warner's Master Class for ensemble leaders this morning. Then tonight WLP is sponsoring Thomas Jefferson for a one hour piano recital. We have a new album, Impromptu, that Thomas recently recorded. You can find it here, where you can watch a short video, taken during the recording session.



Well, folks, I've got to get motivated here. I'll be jumping on the Detroit People Mover in order to get over to Cobo Hall, the site of the convention.



I hope you have a terrific week. I am hoping also to pick up a few more facts about the state of the new translation while here, which I hope to share with you in the coming days.

Gotta sing. Gotta Pray.

1 comment:

FJH 3rd said...

Jerry, you should be sure to visit the Lafayette Coney Island for a real Detroit fast food treat. Their hot dogs, smothered in a special chili sauce, mustard and onions, are a real "guilty pleasure"! Washed down with Vernors ginger ale, or a Stroh's beer ...hard to beat!

And it's not all that far from Cobo Hall.