Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Spirit

Happy Friday to you you all.

It is overcast here in Chicago, but it's supposed to be in the high 80's by Sunday. Planning the first bike ride along Lake Michigan for tomorrow morning at 7:15; hopefully the first of many.

I am filling in this weekend for our music director, who is getting married in Ohio tomorrow. I led the choir rehearsal last night and had a blast with my "peeps." Gosh, I miss this kind of ministry so much. This is a group of caring, dedicated people. We are singing Steven Warner's setting of Psalm 104 on Sunday. Here's a little snippet. It has a great tenor line!



We are also singing Sweet Sweet Spirit at the Preparation of the Gifts. This piece, by Doris Akers, is one of my favorites. I just found this video on YouTube, with Ms. Akers in the audience, then leading one of the verses—extraordinary! What a moment this must have been.

I hope that your celebration of Pentecost finds you delighting in the sweet, sweet Spirit that you carry within you through your participation in the Church's sacramental life. Veni Creator Spiritus.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: