Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hockey and Art

Happy Wednesday to you all.

Just woke up here in Los Angeles; the weather is beautiful. I have a flight back to Chicago in a few hours.

Some of you know that I am an avid hockey fan. I grew up in Boston in the days of Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, and the like. My passion about hockey has been re-ignited over the last several years and now I am a devoted fan of the Chicago Blackawks. They won a game last night, defeating the Vancouver Canuck's, and are now headed into another round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The game was not on TV here in my hotel room, nor at the lounge in the hotel lobby. I was able to find a nearby hotel where the game was being broadcast in their lounge. So, there I was, a lone hockey fan, cheering my team on. I finished "watching" the game here in my hotel room, listening via the internet, to the local Chicago radio station. It was a great night for Chicago hockey fans. Go Hawks!

Well, enough of that part of my life.

Yesterday, I had the privilege of spending a short period of time at the Getty Museum here in Los Angeles. It was a picture-perfect day. Here are a few photos taken yesterday.






It is a stunning set of buildings in an equally stunning setting. If you ever have the chance to visit southern California, don't miss a visit to the Getty.



Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Jerry, Thanks for the pictures!!! I was at the Getty when it was just newly built and the gardens (your second picture) were just seedlings and very, very small trees. How awesome to see it now! How'd you like the train ride up? The building itself is a work of art!