Friday, May 14, 2010

A Grateful Heart

Happy Friday to you all. Special day in my own life today, and I am forever grateful to loving parents who brought me into this world and who, eleven days later, had me baptized. God is good.

I am headed to Boston later on today. Big family weekend; my sister turned fifty yesterday, I turned another year older today, my niece graduates from college tomorrow; just great family time all around.

Yesterday, while driving home with my carpool colleagues, we took a few moments to "stop and smell the roses." Actually, with all the rain we had here over the past few days, there was some minor flooding. We stopped in a parking area that had flooded and just watched the geese and their goslings as the sun filtered through the trees and the breezes rustled the new leaves on those trees; just a spectacular moment. Here are some photos I took while we were parked in that flooded lot:




With a grateful heart on this day, I say once again: gotta sing, gotta pray. Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

brandy101 said...

Happy (belated) birthday!