Friday, April 23, 2010

To Atlanta: What a Week!

Happy Friday to you all.



I am blogging this morning from Gate C6 in terminal 1 at O'Hare here in Chicago. I'm on my way to Atlanta for the annual Cardinal's Dinner, the major scholarship fundraiser for Catholic University of America.

Thanks for yesterday's comments on the blog. The first one I read this morning saddened me. The comment was one that I have heard before; namely, that complaining about GIA Publications holding the "worldwide rights" to the Revised Grail Psalms is nothing but sour grapes on behalf of WLP. Would WLP like to have these rights? Sure thing, but that is not the issue. The issue has to do with the fact that these rights were granted to a private company. WLP should not have been granted these rights if the tables were turned. We are the music and liturgy division of the J.S. Paluch Company, which is a Catholic family-owned private company, committed to serving the Church.

And I want to say today how very proud I am of our company's efforts to support the Church through various fundraising initiatives. The very fact that I am attending this evening's fundraiser for Catholic University of America on behalf of that Catholic family who owns the J.S. Paluch Company and World Library Publications is but one example of the dedication of this family to serve the Church in a variety of ways.

A good friend of mine, a "wise old priest" always urges me to ask questions, to get conversations going and keep conversations going. That was my intention this week when I raised the issue of copyrights and worldwide rights. I think it is a worthy conversation to keep alive.

I hope that wherever you are celebrating the paschal mystery this weekend, that your Easter faith is nourished. Let's keep those Alleluias going!

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: