Friday, April 16, 2010

Composing Music for the Church

Friday has dawned cloudy, with a few sprinkles here and there here in Chicago. I hope that wherever you are, your Friday is a good one.

Yesterday, after I wrote my blog post, I attended WLP's weekly review session. Usually on Thursday mornings, many of us gather in our music room to review music that has been submitted to us for possible publication. We want to do everything we can to encourage composers in their art. Some Thursday review sessions are better than others. It's always gratifying when we receive pieces that are well-crafted. Yesterday was one of those very good days.



I am often asked about the best ways to submit new music for review. On WLP's web site, there is a tab you can click on, "Contact Us." Once there, you can click on "Music Submissions." Here's that link. Our mission here at WLP is to serve the needs of the singing and praying Church. One way we do that is by providing the best choral music for Churches. I am always telling the staff here that I believe that WLP is providing the very best among all the music publishers right now. I am proud of their good work: editing, engraving, marketing, and providing the best customer care.

If you or someone you know is a composer, please urge them to submit their music to us here at World Library Publications.

I hope your Third Sunday of Easter is a joyous one.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: