Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Series at NCR and Orlando Soon

Wednesday has dawned cold and bright here in Chicago. They are saying we might reach the high forties some time this weekend. Bring on Spring!

I gave a presentation last night at St. Mary parish in Buffalo Grove, here in Illinois. The focus was on the new English translation of the Missale Romanum. I am going to wait until tomorrow's installment of "New Translation Thursday" to offer some extensive comments. Suffice it to say that the response was largely what I suspected. And I do think we are in for a rocky road.

I want to alert this blog's readers to a series of articles being published each day this week by the National Catholic Reporter. You can find today's article by John Allen, Jr. by clicking here.

I am flying to Orlando on Friday to give a workshop on Saturday to RCIA practitioners in the diocese. The focus is on RCIA paragraph 75, numbers 2, 3, and 4. You RCIA "geeks" who read this blog know exactly what that means. For others, find a copy of the text, and read this important paragraph that has as much to do with Christian formation and catechesis in general as it does with Christian initiation specifically. The workshop will take place at Nativity Parish in Longwood, Florida. When I lived in the Orlando area, Nativity parish had just built a new church. It seems the parish has really grown quite substantially since I left in the early 1990's. Here's a photo I found of the church's exterior:



And, here's an up-to-the-minute view outside my office window here in Illinois:


Hmm . . . comparing the two photos, sometimes I wonder why I chose Chicago over Orlando!

I hope you have a great day. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the new translation post.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: