Friday, January 8, 2010

Ending the Week on a Note of Pride

I hope your Friday has been a good one thus far. I usually make it a point to write this blog in the early morning hours, when my mind is relatively clear, but it just didn't work out that way today.


I was quite pleased with yesterday's webinar on preparing a prayerful Lent. There were 123 people in virtual attendance, including a number of students and faculty members from the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas. I gave them a big shout at the beginning of the webinar. Nice to hear that students have such a keen interest in the liturgy. We asked those in attendance to complete a short survey about the webinar. Here's one comment from the surveys that I'd like to share. It came from someone who attended from Ireland!


"WLP is a premier Catholic publishing group. I love being able to work with this company that really seems to have a family feel to it. Services like these webinars are just one more thing which make WLP one of the top publishers of Catholic resources."


Folks, this is a great way to cap the week. I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating. I am so fortunate and blessed to be working with and leading such a talented group of people whose gifts help the singing and praying Church. At Mass on Sunday, I will be bringing them to mind at the eucharist and saying a special prayer of thanks for them all. Here's a photo (again) of those who are such a gift to me and to the Church.





I hope you have a great weekend.


Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: