Monday, November 16, 2009

Travel: RCIA, Evangelization, Liturgical Spirituality

Happy Monday to you all. Just returned from Albany about an hour ago.

On Saturday morning, I was awakened by a prompt emanating from my cell phone, with this text message:
Listecki2milw
I had no idea what this meant and went back to bed, then realized what the message actually said, that Bishop Jerome Listecki had been named the new Archbishop of Milwaukee - duh! And, lo and behold, I was scheduled to speak to RCIA ministers in Milwaukee on Saturday afternoon. It was great to see these good and dedicated people all abuzz about their new Archbishop. Let's keep Bishop Listecki and the people of the Milwaukee Archdiocese in our prayers during this time of transition.

I had about 70 people in attendance for the workshop on apprenticeship and the RCIA. It was an engaging time. I always walk away enriched by these workshops. There is so much need out there for solid RCIA training and accessible sacramental theology. The workshop was held at the Cousins Archdiocesan Center in Saint Francis, WI. Here's a photo of the center:



Sunday morning, I was at O'Hare Airport here in Chicago for my flight to Albany. John Angotti and I spoke to the New York State Catholic School Administrators Association. Our focus was on evangelization. The group was receptive to our message. I always enjoy these talks with John because I am so moved by his singing and playing.

And now I am back at my desk for a little while here at WLP. I leave shortly for the Diocese of Gary, to lead their musicians in a presentation on liturgical spirituality. It's being held at Our Lady of Consolation Church in Merrillville, Indiana. Here's a photo of the interior of the church, where I'll be speaking:



And a photo of the exterior view, with the statue of Our Lady of Consolation:



I hope your week is off to a good start. As always, thanks for visiting this blog. I hope you find it helpful and hopeful.

Gotta sing. Gotta pray.

No comments: