Monday, September 14, 2009

Serving the Needs of Priests

It's a new week and what a beautiful day we've been given in Chicago. God is good.

Here at WLP we are working on a great new catalogue that will be sent to priests. It includes materials that are designed to help priests in their ministries of presiding, preaching, and providing pastoral care. In this Year for Priests, we want to get the word out that WLP is a great place to go to find helpful resources for ministry.

Just a little commercial here, if you don't mind. Fr. Eugene Hemrick has written a book for us, which is soon to be released. Habits of a Priestly Heart is a terrific new book that helps priests face the challenges of this third millennium. I was privileged to do some editorial work on this book. Many of you know that I spent eight years of my life studying for the priesthood. Although I was never ordained, there is still that part of me that identifies closely with the ordained. As I read and edited this fine book, I found myself being spiritually fed. It's a helpful resource for anyone who is seriously interested in nurturing the spiritual life.

Very busy day here, so that's it for now. Thanks for listening to my little commercial. Thanks, also to those of you who have been leaving comments here. I shouldn't be surprised to see that the issues that raise the most comments are those that some would see as most controversial, i.e. Senator Kennedy's funeral, and my earlier blog about married priests.

Hope your Monday and your week are both blessed. Gotta sing. Gotta pray.


No comments: