Wednesday, July 1, 2009

At the Threshold of the NPM Convention

This coming Monday, the annual convention of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians begins here in Rosemont/Chicago. As you can imagine, as one of the leading publishers of liturgical music here in the United States, the staff here at WLP has been in full gear. We've been preparing program booklets for various events. We have been getting together to prepare music showcase packets. The skids with our wonderful products are packed and ready to be delivered to the Donald P. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.

We have been preparing music samples for the various speakers who will be presenting workshops at the convention. I've been busy preparing for my two workshops. One will focus on music for the liturgy of the hours. The other will be focused on the opportunities and challenges faced by parishes when we begin to implement the new English translation of the Missale Romanum.

I plan to do a daily post to this blog. I'll have my camera with me and I hope to share photos of the various events with you as the convention progresses. This is a great opportunity for parish musicians to come together, to make music, to renew old friendships, to listen to some terrific speakers, and to learn new skills and new music. This is a time when we gotta sing, and we gotta pray.

Stay tuned. Tomorrow will be super busy for all of us here at WLP, so you will probably not hear from me until after the holiday weekend. In the mean time, I hope you all have a safe and happy Fourth of July! Here's a great shot of the Fourth of July Fireworks seen over Buckingham Fountain in Chicago, one of the world's great cities. 

No comments: